Monday, March 11, 2013

Essay's

     When i first learned we were going to be writing essays for the next section in this writing class my first though was"oh no not this". To me essays were always boring to write. When I think of all the essays I had to write non were just because I wanted too. The only time I wrote an essay was back in high school or English for college. I wrote them because I was forced too so I never got any pleasure or enjoyment out of writing an essay.
     When I started to read the Essay introduction I learned that you could write good essays for pleasure. The first couple of paragraphs in this piece almost seem like the writer wrote them in an essay form. They also seemed like a story at the same time. This helped me see that essays can be fun. They don't have to be just for school or on topics you don't really have interest in, but can instead be written on things that interest you as a writer. They can even help you tell an everyday story from your life.  It has shown me that an essay can be interesting to read, wont put you to sleep, and have even brought out interest in me to write one.
     This piece has also taught me that just because they are short doesn't make them have any less value. Each essay tells it's own individual story in it's own way. They are deep and have real meaning behind them. Shorts or essays can be written for magazines, about geography, journal entries, or just to get out your stories. There are many different reasons people write essays. After reading this article I am excited to get started on writing an essay for pleasure about a topic I choose. I'm excited to write it.... not because I have too.

No comments:

Post a Comment